Saturday, September 10, 2011

Some Stuff I'm Doing

Arrival in Granada with my host family


So since I have gotten here, I have yet to play a single game of football (soccer). I have been playing a lot of basketball though. I think I joined a team. Yesterday my neighbor (friend) asked me if I wanted to go to El Centro (downtown) and play some basketball. I said sure that sounds fun, some pick up in the park! When I got there there was about 15 kids running around the court, and I thought to myself these guys are taking this ¨pickup¨ stuff pretty seriously with a pretty intense warm up, then my friend Adrian introduced me to the coach, than I said ¨oh this is an actual team¨. So I practiced with the guys, and I might even just be on the team. It was cool to play with the Spaniard kids though, I wore my Micheal Jordan shirt and everyone was telling me ¨que bonita camisa¨. I think the Spaniards like me already! So I look forward to playing a lot of basketball!

El Centro de Granada! It is crazy how old this city is. El Centro is a typical old European village, narrow streets, churches every where, people in the market. Its hard to believe that people can even drive cars and buses through these streets. These streets are small and narrow, I would compare them to the hallways of my school, and its funny because you´ll see cars speeding down the streets going like 50 mph. You see an Arch Tower built by the Moors right next to a Church. You´ll see a building that looks like it was built 6 centuries ago, and in that building is a JC Pennies. Its a bit of a contradiction to see the old next to the new just standing there. Its quite a scene.

Today I was with my host family at this place called Aventura Amazonia. Its kind of like a giant outdoor jungle gym. it was really fun. feel like I am bonding well with my host family.

I guess that's it for now... I´ll have more pictures soon, for all you followers to check out.

Bye!



First night in Granada

My host brother Yered






My view of Granada from my bedroom

My host brother Henok



No comments:

Post a Comment