Thursday, September 8, 2011

Finally in Spain

So after two entire days of travel I am finally here and happy to be with my host family.
Getting here was hard, and when I was at the airport (DIA), it was a pretty emotional moment. Saying goodbye to my parents for a year was hard. I said good bye, and I think everyone cried, even my friend Taylor!

It took two whole days, you would think that now with all the modern technology it would be shorter, but it wasn't. One thing that's been weird since I have got here is what the time is. I have no idea what time it is. Its really weird. I don't feel like I am on Denver time, but I am definitely not on Spanish time.

My host family is really nice, really cool, really awesome, well I could say I already love them. My host family has a dad (Francisco Jose) a mom (Ana) little brother number 1 (Yered) and little baby brother number 2 (Henok). Henok is so cute, yesterday he was running around the house naked, it was actually quite hilarious. Yered is just so interested in me and asks me so many questions about what I am doing, or what I do for fun in the USA and all kinds of different things. Yered is also cute, and is a nice little host brother. Francisco a really nice dad too. He is pretty interested about what I used to do in the United States too. He knows a little bit of English, probably from watching American movies or something. Ana is so sweet, she is an awesome cook, and has been there for me a lot already. So I am really happy here already. I miss home, but I love it here a lot, plus I have had to speak so much Spanish and do so much thinking that I don't have time to miss home.

So now you have been wondering how I have been communicating with other people... well I have been speaking Spanish, for the most part. since I have been here there have only been three people I have really been able to speak English too, they are my two fellow exchange students and a guy named Dani who was an exchange student to the United States last year. Spanish has been hard, I cant get my point across clearly, but I feel like I am getting better. Already I am able to communicate with friends. I understand most of what is being said. Sometimes I don't get anything, sometimes I get everything, sometimes I can correctly respond, sometimes I can not respond. Sometimes I speak to people and make no freaken sense at all. Some times I make perfect sense.... sometimes! I am learning Spanish and I am enjoying this experience. The accent of Spanish here is different. It's hard to understand sometimes, but I like it. It's funny, a few times I have said Mexican words, and every one here is like what? It's been funny, a good learning experience. I love it here!

I am starting to meet my future classmates, It's weird because they all kind of know me, and I don't know them. I wish I knew them better, but as the year progresses, I will. Yesterday one of my friends, Fran, took me out to play basket ball with a bunch of guys... it was a really fun night, I got to show them how good I was (hahaha sort of good) and I got to speak Spanish and integrate myself in Spanish culture!

I start school in a week and I am excited to get started!

well that's it for now

Guti

My friend Taylor as set off to Spain
Me and the other 2 exchange students





No comments:

Post a Comment