Saturday, February 2, 2013

Life after getting back from all that traveling

After I got back from all of my travels, I realized that I had about two months left in Granada before I would return back home. At this point I had already done everything I had wanted to do. I had traveled all over Andalusia, and to both Italy and England; I got to meet many people, and go partying almost every weekend. I got to see the Alhambra, and las prosesiones de Granada during semana santa. I also learned Spanish, and a little bit of flamenco.

I had a three week vacation from my normal life in Granada. First of all semana santa was a week off of school, then my trip to Italy was another week, then London was also another week. When I went back to school for the first time in 3 weeks, I suddenly realized that the routine I had become accustomed to would soon be coming to an eventual end. I felt confused, should I settle myself back in again, or should I just prepare myself for the end? I looked at everything differently; the streets, the parks, the people, and I thought to myself from here on out I have to make every moment count. To appreciate all the little things that occur without us even noticing them half the time. Because at that point I knew there would be certain people and places I wouldn't see again. 

So instead of preparing myself for the end, I decided to just get back into the routine I had been in before I left. So I continued to tutor in English twice a week, go to basketball practice twice a week, take my guitar lessons once a week, and go out and have fun during the weekends. So I continued doing my thing not worrying at all about returning home.

These are just some pictures of me hanging out with friends after I got back from my two trips.
 Still just being myself.




No comments:

Post a Comment