Saturday, February 2, 2013

La Feria Ha Venido A Granada!!! (The Carnaval has come to Granada)

With less than a month left, La Feria came to town. I remember seeing them setting it up a week or so before. La ferria is a traveling carnival that stops in Granada once a year for one week. Everyone was exited to go, because at La feria there are so many different attractions. There are discotecas, live music, entertainment, carnival rides, and a ton of people. Walking to La Feria we saw thousands and thousands of people. While La ferria is in Granada the weather was great, it was hot during the day, but nice and cool at night. For me personally going to La Feria was one of the best experiences I had in Spain because it was towards the end of my time, and I got to spend some good quality time with people I cared about.

I remember the first night of La Feria I was with my host family. We all ate dinner at my aunt Fuensanta's house. Then we all walked up to her balcony and made a toast while we watched the opening ceremony of la feria. Then we all went together to la feria. I remember it was a school night and I had a test in philosophy the following day, but I stayed there until 4 in the morning. The next day I woke up at 6 o'clock and went to school tired as can be.

I went to la feria every single day after the first day with all of my different friends. We would get out of school and go strait to la feria to pass the hours away. It was just a magical time that I will never forget. Here are some pictures!
All of my friends and I at La Feria






No comments:

Post a Comment