Saturday, February 2, 2013

Get Away to Barcelona




















Statue of Christoper Columbus pointing out to the sea, so am I


Left: Cataluna, Middle: Spain, Right: Barcelona














The house of Guadi



















Me listening to a electronic guide




Me at the official store of Barcelona FC


"Camp Nou" right behind me (stadium of Barcelona FC





Sagrada Familia











I had less than two weeks left in Spain and my leaving date was just around the corner. I became very stressed by school because we were finishing off our finals. I was just stressed because I knew that I would be leaving soon and I  didn't want to leave. I just loved the Granada, and couldn't imagine the idea of coming back home. I just needed to get my mind off of leaving but in my heart I couldn't.

So my aunt Fuensanta already  had plans to go Barcelona with her friend Maria del Mar. So I decided to go with them to just get away from everything that was making me depressed. To just clear my mind for that particular moment in time.

So I left with my aunt Fuensanta, Maria del Mar, and my grandma Lola. Were first stopped In a town in Murcia were Maria del Mar worked. While we we there I remember the Euro Cup was going on and there was a very enthusiastic environment to see Spain's soccer team go up against Italy. So while I was in Murcia I watched soccer games the entire time.

The next day we went to Valencia to see the Aquarium of sea life. It is one of the bigger aquariums in the world and the biggest aquarium in Spain. So we hung out there all day and then returned back to Murcia. The next day we drove all the way to Barcelona and then stayed in the house of some family member who lived there.

On the fourth day My aunt Fuensanta and Maria del Mar took a bus into downtown Barcelona to see the beautiful city. I honestly have to say Barcelona is one of the most beautiful cities I have ever seen. We got to the peak of the city and the view was incredible.


Another cool thing about Barcelona was that the local people spoke Catalan. Catalan is a different yet similar language to Spanish. It has a unique sound.
While we were in the streets we would hear people speaking in Catalan, and street signs would be in Catalan. It almost made me feel like I was in a different country. I had once again felt like a tourist in Spain!!!!

In all of my life I had never thought that I would actually go to Spain and see Barcelona, and here right before my own eyes I was there! It was Real. During this 6 Day trip I just let my mind go free, and released it from all the stress that was depressing me. I was happy, and optimistic again.

This is a picture of my hand after I fell off a 10 foot wall in Barcelona. I almost died! I guess it was the best way to end a trip, probably one of the best trips of my life!



No comments:

Post a Comment